Set up of a database on rocky habitat biodiversity and economic evaluation of ecosystem services
This preparatory action unfolds in two ways:
1) by organizing and critically evaluating the available data on rocky habitats (tegnùe) biodiversity;
2) by reviewing literature on the economic evaluation of similar marine ecosystems to establish a framework that will be used in the contingent evaluation (Action D2).
Set up of a biodiversity database
Duration: July 2013-October 2013
- To collect scientific publications, technical reports and grey literature.
- To chart the literature according to the type of information contained.
- To update the species nomenclature.
- To draw up a data set.
- To upload the database onto the project website.
Responsibility for implementation: CNR-ISMAR
Set up of the economic valuation
Duration: August 2013-March 2014
- To review the literature on the economic assessment of marine ecosystems similar to the Tegnùe and of their marine biodiversity.
- To identify the main functions and ecosystem services associated with Tegnùe habitats.
- To organize focus groups to involve key stakeholders and the community, identify the valuation scenario and gauge their knowledge, preferences and attitudes related to these ecosystems.
Responsibility for implementation: IUAV